Friday, January 26, 2018

I'm finally home after a long day.  I didn't realize I had blood on my scrubs until I got out of my car.  

I'm exhausted in a lot of ways and already exhausted talking about work on here.  I don't think I'm up for any more moonlighting either.  Just the name of it makes it sound like you should be sleeping in your bed.

I just finished an episode of Mr Robot, season 3 episode 7.  It wasn't the usual thriller but the episode really made me feel something.  Watching Elliot reluctantly interact with Trenton's little brother was pretty funny.  Elliot has gone through a lot since he was a child and goes through even more as the season goes on, then he's suddenly stuck looking after this kid.  You can tell he's having an awful time but he doesn't give up on the kid and actually shows he cares about him even though he's pretty annoyed and not really emotionally equipped to take care of a young kid. 

They end up going to see Back to the Future and there's a scene where he's trying to explain the film to the kid and these nerds waiting in line chime in with their own time travel theories.  That was a pretty good moment in the series.    

There are also a few moments in the episode where the characters show each other little moments of humanity, especially at the end of the episode when Elliot visits Angela and they talk about their childhood and their wishing game, and when Trenton's brother goes into his house to find Elliot a lollipop. 

At the end of the episode, Angela says something to the effect of "Whatever happens, we'll be ok." 
It's pretty weird for me to find tv therapeutic, but I guess some series or episodes can be seen as art and it's just another form of media that can carry a message. 

I have another early day tomorrow but I feel nowhere near ready to fall asleep.      

No comments:

Post a Comment