Sunday, January 22, 2017

Developing as a young doctor

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post and I have to say things have been getting better.  Which is something that doesn't usually happen.

Work is usually hard, fast-paced, tiring, sometimes stressful.  These past 2 weeks, however, have been "okay."  They've been better than last month, though.

There've been some hang ups getting used to the new system but I've dealt with them pretty well and have been functioning well there.  It's a lot like rock climbing, it takes time to find your footing, but after that, you keep climbing.  

I guess I get pretty anxious about new situations and the constant adaptation process, but those just come with residency.  I really want to be stronger and more resilient.  

I feel like better times might be over the horizon, and I think I might have caught glimpses of it.  I hope I will eventually be less in "survival mode," and thrive more.

On another note, my work-life balance has been good.  It will only last for another week or two, though.  I'm proud to say I've finally been exercising more and feel like I've been making some progress in improving my overall health.

This is the rare sunny day during residency, and I'm fully embracing it.  Good days do come to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment