Monday, August 8, 2016

The medical school mentality

I've found the mindset that worked to help me stay sane in med school and residency so far is to think of myself as a servant.  You get walked over by different people in the hierarchy, get disrespected by consult services and patients that seeing get yourself as a humble servant makes everything sort of make sense and helps you cope.   

I'm pretty tired and feeling worn out these days but one of the things that keeps me going is believing I'm a servant and making a difference in people's lives.   Maybe someday I'll have some time to decompress and regain some energy for this marathon of residency 

1 comment:

  1. Keep doing your work. It is not necessary that you get good results or appreciation on the spot but you must believe in yourself and keep doing things that are good for those who needs you. You can also go for the Acai Berry Juice to maintain good health for long.

    ReplyDelete