Monday, August 8, 2016

A young doctor's future plans

It might be burnout, it might be things in my subconscious, but I'm hoping to find a good balance in my life for the future.   Residency is a time to resist breaking as you're constantly pushed to your limits and a lot of your relationships suffer.  I'm already tired and have a long way to go.

One thing that stuck with me was said by a senior resident who said to think about going straight into practice after graduating and working to save and invest and eventually retire early.   I think that sounds like a good plan to me, maybe even get into real estate and find some balance in my life.  

I feel like we have such limited time on this earth and I want to make the most of it and see my loved ones be as happy as possible.   Life probably won't get easier after graduating and getting board certified and I'm learning to deal with that.

I just have to find ways to stay strong and balance the demands of my job with keeping my loved ones happy and doing things that are fulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment