Sunday, June 1, 2014

Some regrets

I sort of wish I had hung out with more friends before they moved for residency, but it was difficult because I was working in the ICU or being on another service when they were just on vacation.  

I'm glad my friends are excited about being doctors now, and I hope that excitement lasts because intern year seems to be anything but a fun vacation.

I'm trying to enjoy life as much as possible before the next phase of my training, because I'll be locked into a pretty inflexible schedule and basically will have to stage my own kidnapping in order to leave the service for even a few hours.

At least I'm minimizing any regrets right now.  I decided to go ahead and get that stereo system with amazing speakers while I will actually be spending more time at home than in the hospital.  It's time to enjoy life before it gets too busy, before it feels like I'm a soldier in the army.

No comments:

Post a Comment