Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Renewed by music (music video entry)

I don't know what the chances are of my finding this clip were, but it seriously has changed my life.  I've been listening to this NPR Tiny Desk concert by Chris Otepka a few times every single day for nearly a week.

What makes this artist's concert so fascinating is how honest he is, how his lyrics come from real personal experiences, how he makes everything so relatable.  I like the simplicity of his music, how his words seem to be a direct translation of his emotions and soul.

He seems so funny, charismatic, and in love with playing music.  He seems liberated and happy, free, playing music.

I've had dreams to be an accomplished musician for years, and I can't wait to have time to feel the steel strings under my fingers again, making noise until I'm happy with a melody.



No comments:

Post a Comment