Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Keeping your head above water

I'm overwhelmed at this point in my training and I know it'll only get worse.  I'm trying to just keep breathing and make it through this year.  Residency isn't what I thought it would be and i struggle to balance my life with my studying and trying to meet expectations at work.  

I talked to some buddies the other day who are residents more senior than me and they say they're just trying to survive residency too.  One of them said residency is a long punishment and that sometimes there are good days, but it's constant stress.  

I just have to be resilient and learn as much as I can everyday, treating this like a marathon.

Wish me luck 

2 comments:

  1. I'm also studying medicine and I think I kind of know how you feel although I'm just in my 3rd year. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand what you are going through as I'm going through myself these days...
    All the best!
    Keep it up you can do it!

    ReplyDelete