Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Feel empty and tired.  I don't think I'm who I used to be anymore.  I see all these blog entries and interviews by doctors and they seem so happy. I don't know how they can truly be happy when everything you do is evaluated for some kind of metric.  I feel that if I stay in medicine I'm going to become some replaceable worker managed by people who aren't doctors.  They'll just care about length of stay and press ganey scores and just be harsher to us.  I remember someone telling me about a doctor who was let go by a hospital because he was discharging them appropriately and not keeping them for longer like his peers so the hospital could bill more. 

Medicine isn't what I thought it'd be and i think about walking away from it a lot. I'm sure I could figure out a way to pay off my loans somehow. 

Lately I've been feeling like some dried out husk. I don't have any interest in people, food, water, music, cars, or traveling anymore.  Not sure how I'm supposed to feel better.  I just feel like some ragged undead "thing" going about life

No comments:

Post a Comment