Friday, July 15, 2016

one doctor's struggle

It's been a hard week for me for a lot of reasons.  I'm going through another period of time where my work schedule and work-related stresses are ruining my relationships when I thought things were going well.

Right now I sort of wish I had a 9-5 no weekends type of job, just working hard but with time for family and loved ones.  I thought I had been doing well but I guess I was so wrapped up in adjusting to being a PGY2 that I did a bad job noticing how everyone else was truly doing.  I guess I was just viewing things through a tired, hazy lens.

Everyone and I have become tired of me saying "Things will get better."  It seems like there's always a new obstacle and things don't get better.  I've been trying  to make changes and effort but I guess it isn't enough.

Some of the work is wearing on me and I tell myself that's typical for residency, at least that's what a lot of people communicate candidly at work.

i'll have a real day off sometime this month.

I'm just going to get some rest and hope the forces in the universe help fix things for me a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment