Wednesday, September 23, 2015

intern year doesn't suck that much

being an intern isn't fun but it can be great if you're at a very collegiate program like me.  at other programs everyone dumps stuff on the intern, but at my program, so many people are so helpful and share the burden of tasks.

I try to teach the med student on my service as much as I can because they're paying to come in early and work while we get paid even for time we're not seeing patients.  You get to put in orders too!  It's pretty awesome being directly involved in patient care after being a med student so long.

If you're at a program where the intern gets dumped on, just try to get through it and then when you become an upper level help the intern out and make a positive change in your program and hope it catches on.

anyway, more reading to be done

No comments:

Post a Comment