Sunday, August 30, 2015

Complaining in the hospital, the bad nurses and the good nurses

Hospitals are where a lot of complicated care plans are in place.  Hospitals are a place where many people are emotional, stressed, tired, hungry, hurt and struggling.

Residents seem to complain a lot about minor things, but usually among themselves.  Complaining gets to me more when its done by staff in the hallway or within earshot in the unit.

A while ago I heard a nurse get angry because a patient was in pain and needed help.  "I hate whiny people.  They've been sick for so long they should be used to it.  I hate hand-holding."

That nurse always talks about how they want a break from this and that while no other nurse does.  I haven't seen that nurse offer any help, to the physicians or patients.

The other nurses are so great though, always bringing up things the unit should be thinking about.

I've come across a lot of people who talk about what they'd rather be doing everyday at work, just really unhappy types.  They often complain loudly about things that are minor and have no impact on patient care.  I think they should go pursue those activities they'd want to be doing instead and open up their position to someone who is more compassionate and excited to be there.  


No comments:

Post a Comment