Wednesday, July 1, 2015

first day of intern year

I kept waking up during the night since I was a little anxious about starting.  I had been doing so much orientation though, that I was mostly over it.

I went to orientation, touched base with my team and chart reviewed a lot of sick patients of mine who had a lot of tests and who we consulted a lot of teams for.  It's so time consuming to chart review everyone while you're answering pages and returning phone calls.  I'm really glad I have a great upper level who has my back and is great support.

I forgot to mention I started the day tired and with diarrhoea.  Then I hadn't eaten from 10pm last night until 1pm today, aside from some candy which helped keep my body from disintegrating.

I'm exhausted and I'm just glad I'm not doing night float right now.

I'm glad today went well overall.  It was pretty challenging and will only become more difficult, but I'm going to strive and stay on top of my game.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds similar to my first day of intern year, minus the diarrhea. I must say that looking back at it now as a 3rd year, I've realized how fast time flies by. Hang in there, before you know it you'll be done with the year and you'll be a junior and then senior resident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the days are already turning into weeks and months! I can't wait to be the smart senior lol

      Delete