Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Great Reads for Internal Medicine Rotations/Intern Year

After graduating medical school, I've spent enough time evaluating good resources for students of internal medicine.

I really like Pocket Medicine for how condensed it is, coupled with the Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics which expands on it.

Harrison's is huge, but I use it mostly for doses and charts, and special comments about drugs in the charts.  I'll skim pathophysiology and the molecular stuff, but I won't go too into it.

I really recommend getting a tablet for wards so you can carry multiple PDFs on it or Kindle books.  It's even more useful if you're able to put in orders and write notes from it.  I always get the Kindle version because it's cheaper and works with my Android tablet.

Tablets also will help you pull up articles very quickly during rounds when a question comes up and it'll help you teach something to your team and look like a star.








I'm pretty anxious about intern year.  I'm hoping to hit the ground running, but I'm sure the learning curve will be steep and require the equivalent of a pressured climb.


Here goes.  Wish me luck, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment