Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Therapeutic writing on rotations

Started my day around 430am and hardly slept at all last night.  I feel so worn out already and am doing my best to adapt to my new demands. 

I'm doing my best to stay positive and the recent changes I made in my life are doing a lot for me.  I started taking my dog out immediately once I get home and have been really patient and non-grouchy with my partner no matter how tired and stressed I am. 

I feel like everyday of my training is like an academic version of the military: early days, late nights, long hours, high risk situations and constantly feeling tired and hungry while trying to survive in a highly hierarchical system.  At least I haven't been shot at.  

I feel like the expression of negativity by some team members sticks with me more than the positive effects of upbeat coworkers, which is something I need to take care of.  I've seen a lot of depressed and stressed out residents and I really am scared of becoming like them.  I'm constantly hoping I'll have some control over things and just handle things well day by day. 

I'm already over-caffeinated by accident and feeling sick from it so I'm going to spend the next while trying to feel better at work.  Here goes

No comments:

Post a Comment